Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Weeks Treasures

I had quite a successful week thrifting. I brought home the first haul from Goodwill on Wednesday. (Stopped in on a whim since I didn't find anything worth writing home about at Savers). 

First off an excellent (leather?)Diane Von Furstenberg suitcase. Plan on using it for the upcoming 36 hour roadtrip with the fam next weekend.
Dexter is graciously helping to showcase it for me.

Next, two very generously priced Pyrex casserole dishes!!!! 

Black Tulip (043) 1 1/2 Qt casserole (without lid) 
"Pressed Flowers" (043) 1 1/2 Qt casserole (with lid!!) I absolutely LOVE the buttery yellow color of this dish. Definitely in my top three favorite finds thus far.





Thanks to a post by The Bounty Huntress , I decided to check out my local St. Vincent de Paul "Dig & Save" Outlet yesterday. It's basically a huge warehouse with rows and rows of deep cardboard boxes, and you literally have to dig in. Everything is then priced by the pound. I stayed away from the clothing and linens for the most part, but found my mecca in the household section. 35 cents per pound!!!!!

Here's the haul. Everything you see added up to $2.80- TOTAL. Nearly fainted with excitement!
Universal China "Ballerina Mist" plate and sugar/creamer set. You can't really tell from the picture put the color is the most lovely shade of misty green.
Two Taylor, Smith and Taylor "Ever Yours" dishes. I've amassed a nice little collection of dinnerware in this vintage pattern.

Pyrex Butterfly Gold creamer

And adorable "Going to Grandma's" suitcase! 

 Happy thrifting!!


4 comments:

Betty said...

I love your stuff from the outlet store. I see the Universal China patterns regularly at Goodwill. They are very pretty, and a lot more expensive than $2.80. Very lovely Pyrex patterns too.

Paulette said...

I must be shopping at the wrong Goodwill (Mad east side) because I never seem to find such nice Pyrex there. 'Course we only get there once a month or so, so that may be the problem. Dying to know where the St. Vinny's "dig & save" outlet is. Nice finds!

Alyssa Bee said...

@P. - Eastside Goodwill never comes thru for me either! The Monona one is where it's at! And "Dig & Save" is off Park St. Not a good area of town but totally worth it.

Thrifted Treasure said...

I feel faint at the thought of that Vinnie's priced by the pound, it would be like heaven to go digging there! Great finds!