Monday, September 20, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

What a wonderful weekend! Good company and great wine at the Wet Whistle Fest in Algoma, WI. Just a quick "36-hour road trip" with my sister, parents, and family friends. Didn't want it to end! But alas, back to the daily grind. Countdown to next weekend is on!
Started the weekend by making guacamole in my Butterfly Gold bowl (I don't think guacamole photographs well !!!) 

The oldest lighthouse in Wisconsin. I love how shabby it looks!

Mom's cork collection!
An abandoned bottle of "Naughty Girl" Delicious!
Found a neat antique store...The owner knew Mike and Frank from American Pickers! 

No antique store is complete without Pyrex. But seriously, between $65-$85 for these sets of four!!! I'd rather thrift!
Had to pass on this set of Primary bowls too $$$!
I love rusty bicycles!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love Pickers!!!

madge said...

What a wonderful weekend, indeed! Doesn't super-expensive Pyrex make your heart hurt? :( You know it's just going to sit on those shelves (unless a real big sucka comes along and buys it), all lonely like.

Oh well! Here's to guacamole in thrifted Pyrex. Yummay!

Anonymous said...

looks like a huge yard sale! And great blog!!
good job!