Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Putting Pyrex to Use



My humble Pyrex collection keeps growing and growing! I've practically run out of extra space in my (apartment) kitchen cabinets to store all of the lovelies! Time to start putting Pyrex to use. Sure I've used some of my bowls to mix things, and I even made a delish spaghetti bake in a Butterprint dish (!!!).... I know these things are durable, it just usually makes me nervous to use them for their intended purposes. Anyway, I've been thinking about how nice my Autumn Harvest bowl would compliment the new fall season. So I put her on display!


So what's inside??? Vintage Cookbooks (all thrifted of course)!!!


"New Recipes for Good Eating" circa 1951
"Betty Crocker's Dinner for Two" circa 1958

And my personal favorite, the iconic "Fireside Cookbook" circa 1949. It's worth flipping through for the adorable illustrations alone. And the recipes are practically from another planet! Can someone tell me why there are eggs in all of the mixed drinks?!?

2 comments:

Toronto Yardsaler said...

What a sweet blog. I love all the same stuff you do. Let me know if you got the email from Blogger to join the Pyrex Collective. I'm getting a lot of requests to join and I don't want to miss anyone.
Best,
Erin

Alyssa Bee said...

Erin thank you so much! I got the email and just posted on the Collective!! It's great to know I'm in good company as far as my love for thrifting goes :)